Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet
Choose your product options below:
- Superior quality Hungarian goose down is used in this Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet. Hungarian down is well known for its excellent insulation properties as a result of the maximum loft achieved through the larger soft snow-white clusters of down. This helps to regulate your body temperature keeping you warm in winter and cool in the summer.
- Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet comprises 80% New White Hungarian Goose Down & 20% New White Hungarian Goose Feather. The casing is pure 100% extra soft cotton which is lighter for added comfort. 280 thread count. Premium cotton rope piping. Box construction with small 30cm x 30cm boxes, keeps filling evenly distributed for enhanced insulation performance. Lovingly made in Ireland.
- Our Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is naturally breathable, durable and resilient. The breatheability of the Hungarian goose down helps to draw perspiration and moisture away from your body (which synthetic materials do not) preventing you from feeling clammy at night and helping to prevent those dreaded night sweats.
- If your duvet is 5 years old or more it is probably full of dust mites and bacteria, which are major triggers for allergies asthma and other health issues. Synthetic duvets will need replacing much sooner. Your duvet may have lost its springiness and is unable to trap air to keep your body at a comfortable temperature. This is confirmation that you need to replace your duvet.
- This beautiful, light and cosy Hungarian Goose Down Duvet will give you a truly blissful night’s sleep in a healthy environment so that you will wake feeling totally rejuvenated each and every morning.
Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is one of the finest deluxe duvets in our range of luxury bedding. Hungarian goose down is very well known worldwide for its amazing insulation properties. This beautiful Premium Hungarian Duvet will keep you warm without the weight, to give you the ideal sleep environment.
Hungarian geese inhabit one of the coldest parts of Europe and therefore need to retain warmth. As a result, they grow extra down in order to retain heat. Their down and feathers have excellent insulating properties. This Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is therefore the ideal duvet to keep you warm and cosy at night.
The climate does not affect the quality of the down, but it will affect quantity. Quality itself depends on the maturity of the bird. Hungary has a long history of raising geese that are more mature, resulting in larger snow-white down clusters which are of a higher grade down and longer lasting. This is why we have selected Hungarian down for our Hungarian Goose Down Duvet.
Our Premiu m Hungarian Goose Down Duvet has the benefit of being both durable, resilient and naturally breathable, keeping you warm in winter and cool in the summer.
Hungarian down also has the remarkable ability to breathe and wick away perspiration and moisture whilst you are sleeping, which is not the case with non-natural synthetic fillings. It draws moisture away, preventing you from feeling clammy at night and helping to prevent those dreaded night sweats.
Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is far superior to synthetic duvets as an insulator. Hungarian down gives approximately three times the warmth per ounce compared with synthetic fillings. Far less down is needed by weight than other fillings, which means a much lighter, but warmer and luxury duvet.
Synthetic fillings tend to mat and clump together in time, leaving cold spots whilst down has the ability to re-loft and mould to your body. Goose down expands to maximum loft and creates the ultimate insulating barrier between your body and the outside temperature that you are sleeping in. Because of its resilience, you can shake your Hungarian Goose Feather and Down duvet, to fluff it up in the morning and your duvet will just bounce back.
Our duvet is encased in an extra soft 100% cotton casing which is lighter, for added comfort and finished with a premium piping. Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet also benefits from a box construction with small 30cm x 30cm boxes which keeps filling evenly distributed at all times and eliminates cold spots for enhanced insulation performance.
This supremely comfortable and deluxe duvet is your first step to a perfect night’s sleep.
Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet: Composition and Casing
Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is filled with:
- 80% New White Hungarian Goose Down
- 20% New Small White Hungarian Goose Feather
- 100% Extra soft cotton casing
- 280 thread count
- Premium piping
- Box construction with small 30cm x 30cm boxes keeps filling evenly distributed
- Extra soft finish which is lighter for added comfort
Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet: Quality Standards
Our Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet is:
- Made to E.N. 12934
- Fillings are washed, sterilised and steam purified to E.N. 12935
- Oeko-Tex (Confidence in Textiles)
- Tested for harmful substances according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100
- Suitable for persons suffering from house dust allergy
- Quality assured and lovingly made in Ireland
Caring for your Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet
- All our natural-filled duvets are machine washable at 40°C in a large capacity machine
- We would recommend you use a non-biological detergent
- We recommend professional laundering
Our naturally breathable Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet will keep you at the optimum temperature all night. We spend one third of our lives sleeping, therefore it’s important to get the best quality night’s sleep you can. Our bodies all require long periods of sleep in order to restore and rejuvenate, to grow muscle, repair tissue and synthesize hormones.
A good night’s sleep is essential for a healthy existence, protecting you physically and mentally as well as boosting your quality of life. We all need good quality sleep to help our brains function properly so that we can face the challenges of the day ahead.
Your first step to achieving this goal is to indulge yourself and snuggle up to our warm, soft deluxe and ultra-luxurious Hungarian Goose Feather and Down Duvet.
Why not complement your deluxe Premium Hungarian Goose Down Duvet with a Hungarian Goose Down Pillow.
Caring for your Down, Feather & Down and Wool Duvet
- Prior to use – Upon removal from your packaging you should activate (fluff up) your duvets by shaking the duvet for a few minutes. Full lofting of the down will usually occur within 24 hours. Your body warmth will enable it to loft even more.
- General Care
- Change the position of your duvet within the duvet cover with each duvet cover change.
- To keep fillings evenly dispersed to ensure there are no cold spots, duvets should be plumped up by shaking regularly.
- Duvets should be plumped up by shaking regularly.
- Regularly airing your duvet will keep it fresh.
- Always read the care label instructions prior to washing.
- All our naturally-filled Down and Feather & Down duvets are machine washable at 40°C in a large capacity machine.
- All our naturally-filled wool duvets are machine washable at 30°C in a large capacity machine.
- Non-biological detergent is recommended.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Make sure that your duvet is 100% dry before using to avoid clumping or ruining the filling.
- Professional laundering is recommended.
- Always store your freshly cleaned duvet in a breathable storage bag.
- You should not store your duvet in a plastic bag.
- After long periods of storage, you should shake your duvet to allow the duvet to re-loft to its original condition.
- Airing your bed in the morning is a good habit to get into.
- Keep your bed fresh by pulling back the duvet each morning to let your bed air before you make it. This allows the fibres to breathe and allows moisture to evaporate.
- Use this as a chance to shake out your duvet to redistribute and puff up the filling.
- Our duvets have a boxed construction, where the filling is held in each box allows an even distribution and prevents cold spots.
- Always shake your natural duvet from the side, and not the bottom, to prevent the filling from moving between boxes.
A good quality natural duvet is an investment
Be sure to do what you can to extend the life of your duvet
Which Tog is Best for You?
Feather and Down Duvets
Summer Duvet – (4.5 tog – 6 tog)
- You will be most comfortable with a lighter duvet in the summer.
- We recommend a 4.5 tog or 6 tog, depending on how hot you get at night and how warm your bedroom is.
- Duvet fill is an important factor in warm weather.
- Natural fill duvets work really well as they will help you regulate your body temperature and wick away moisture for a fresher night’s sleep.
Spring Duvet – (10.5 tog)
- If the weather is neither hot nor cold, go for a 10.5 mid-tog duvet.
- Although, if you get hot in bed you may find a 4.5 tog – 6 tog duvet more comfortable.
Autumn Duvet – (10.5 tog)
- If the weather is neither hot nor cold, go for a 10.5 tog duvet. Because it can be difficult to judge the weather at this time of year, a duvet that helps with temperature regulation can be a dream come true.
- We would recommend a 10.5 tog duvet, although if you get hot in bed you may find a 4.5 tog or 6 tog more comfortable.
Winter Duvet – (13.5 tog)
- Choose a higher tog for winter months.
- Depending on how much you feel the cold and how chilly your home is, we would recommend a 13.5 tog duvet.
This is because wool fibres are self-regulating when it comes to insulation.
- Summer Lightweight (300gsm*) tog equivalent 4-7 tog
- Spring/Autumn Medium weight (600gsm*) tog equivalent 8-14 tog
- Winter Lightweight and Medium weight (900gsm*) fastened together
(gsm* – grams of wool per square metre)
(see table below)
FedEx or DHL
|Yes||3 – 5||Free of Charge||Monday – Friday|
|EUROPE||FedEx or DHL||Yes||5 – 10||From £10 – £30|
(see table below)
|Monday – Friday|
|REST OF THE WORLD||FedEx or DHL||Yes||10-15||From £10 – £45|
(see table below)
|Monday – Friday|
|Excluding Bank or Public Holidays|
Check Delivery by Product
|Rest of the World|
|Duvets - Silk||Free||£30||£45|
|Hästens Mattress Covers||Free||£20||£25|
|Hästens Therapeutic Pillows||Free||£20||£25|
|Silk Dressing Gowns||Free||£20||£25|
|Hästens Down Boots||Free||£10||£10|
|Hästens Wheat Pillow, Eye Pillow and Lavender Bag||Free||£10||£10|
|Silk Eye Masks||Free||£10||£10|
|Silk Lavender Bags||Free||£10||£10|