Choose your product options below:
- Wool is nature’s ‘minor miracle’ and is possibly one of the most unique natural materials which we use in our luxuriously soft and fluffy natural wool duvet. Our wool duvet will keep you warm during cold winter nights and cool in the summer.
- Made from sustainable 100% Platinum Certified British Pure Wool. Our wool is cleaned and needled in England without bleaches or chemicals. Wool is naturally hypoallergenic and our wool duvet is suitable for people suffering from house dust allergy. 100% Luxury soft, high quality cotton casing. 260 thread count. Naturally fire retardant and anti-allergy. Lovingly handcrafted in England.
- Our wool duvet has the benefit of being naturally breathable, helping to regulate your body temperature, and wicking away moisture, preventing you from feeling clammy and helping to prevent night sweats.
- If your duvet is 5 years old or more it is probably full of dust mites and bacteria, which are major triggers for allergies asthma and other health issues. Synthetic duvets will need replacing much sooner. Your duvet may have lost its springiness and is unable to trap air to keep your body at a comfortable temperature. This is confirmation that you need to replace your duvet.
- Improve your quality of life with our luxurious Wool Duvet which will give you a truly unimaginable night’s sleep in a healthy environment so that you will wake feeling totally rejuvenated each and every morning.
Our soft and luxurious wool duvet is nature’s perfect answer to your sleep woes.
Made from 100% Platinum Certified British Wool, our pure wool duvet is a sustainable and renewable product. The pure wool comes from pure bred sheep. The sheep are reared for their wool. After shearing they return to enjoy the green pastures of England. Each of our wool products are handcrafted and individually made to high quality and exacting standards.
The wool we use is cleaned and needled in England. We do not use bleach or chemicals.
Our wool duvet will wick moisture and humidity away from you into the atmosphere, and will create a clean environment where dust mites and bacteria cannot survive. Our wool duvet will provide a hygienic environment that dust mites hate. This makes our wool duvet the ideal choice for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, deterring triggers and helping to relieve the symptoms of allergies or asthma, so you to get a more restful night’s sleep.
For centuries, wool has been well known for its incredible insulation properties. Wool is a naturally breathable material which self-regulates. This means, sleeping under our wool duvet will assist regulate your body temperature, helping to keep you warm during cold winter nights and cool in the summer, whilst keeping you at even sleeping temperature. It draws moisture away, preventing you from feeling clammy at night and helping to prevent night sweats. Therefore, the less you toss and turn, the deeper and more relaxing your sleep will be.
It has been scientifically proven that sleeping with a wool delivers 25% more stage 4 regenerative sleep, compared to non-natural synthetic fillings. This is the stage, during your deepest sleep when your body does most of its ‘repair work’. Our wool duvet will help in giving you a better quality of sleep which will enable you to wake more refreshed and able to face your day feeling well rested
Our wool duvet comes in two (season) ratings, Summer (lightweight) or Spring/Autumn (medium weight) and not the usual tog rating. This is because wool fibres are self-regulating when it comes to insulation. They evolved to keep sheep cool when it is hot and warm when it is cold. Wool fibres naturally adapt, keeping you at a steady temperature which makes our super wool duvet the perfect answer for couples who cannot decide on their perfect tog rating.
You can fasten the lightweight and medium weight wool duvets together. This will make a warmer and cosier winter weight duvet. This will be ideal during the colder months. This supremely comfortable and luxury duvet is your first step to achieving a perfect night’s sleep to help you feel re-energized and well rested in the morning.
Wool Duvet: Composition and Casing
Our Wool Duvet is filled with:
- 100% Pure Wool (100% Platinum Certified British Wool)
- 100% Luxury soft cotton casing
- 260 thread count
Wool Duvet: Quality Standard
Our Wool Duvet is:
- 100% Platinum Certified British Wool (sustainable and renewable)
- Platinum certification guaranteed by The British Wool Marketing Board
- Cleaned and needled in England without the use of bleach or chemicals
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic
- Can help to relieve symptoms of allergies and asthma
- Suitable for persons suffering from house dust allergy
- Wool is naturally fire retardant
- Quality assured and lovingly made in England
Caring for your Wool Duvet
- All our wool duvets are machine washable at 30°C (wool cycle) in a large capacity machine
- We would recommend you use a non-biological wool care detergent
- Spin out any excess water and air dry
- Do not tumble dry
- We recommend professional laundering
Our naturally breathable Wool duvet will keep you at the optimum temperature all night. We spend one third of our lives sleeping. So it’s important to get the best quality night’s sleep you can. Our bodies all require long periods of sleep in order to restore and rejuvenate. Our muscles will grow, repair tissue and synthesize hormones.
A good night’s sleep is essential for a healthy existence. Good quality sleep will help to protect you physically and mentally. It will also help in boosting your quality of life. We all need good quality sleep to help our brains function properly so that we can face the challenges of the day ahead.
Your first step to achieving this goal is to indulge yourself, go back to nature and snuggle up to nature’s ‘minor miracle’ Wool Duvet.
Why not complement your soft and luxurious Wool Duvet with a soft and supportive Wool Pillow and Wool Mattress Topper.
Caring for your Down, Feather & Down and Wool Duvet
- Prior to use – Upon removal from your packaging you should activate (fluff up) your duvets by shaking the duvet for a few minutes. Full lofting of the down will usually occur within 24 hours. Your body warmth will enable it to loft even more.
- General Care
- Change the position of your duvet within the duvet cover with each duvet cover change.
- To keep fillings evenly dispersed to ensure there are no cold spots, duvets should be plumped up by shaking regularly.
- Duvets should be plumped up by shaking regularly.
- Regularly airing your duvet will keep it fresh.
- Always read the care label instructions prior to washing.
- All our naturally-filled Down and Feather & Down duvets are machine washable at 40°C in a large capacity machine.
- All our naturally-filled wool duvets are machine washable at 30°C in a large capacity machine.
- Non-biological detergent is recommended.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Make sure that your duvet is 100% dry before using to avoid clumping or ruining the filling.
- Professional laundering is recommended.
- Always store your freshly cleaned duvet in a breathable storage bag.
- You should not store your duvet in a plastic bag.
- After long periods of storage, you should shake your duvet to allow the duvet to re-loft to its original condition.
- Airing your bed in the morning is a good habit to get into.
- Keep your bed fresh by pulling back the duvet each morning to let your bed air before you make it. This allows the fibres to breathe and allows moisture to evaporate.
- Use this as a chance to shake out your duvet to redistribute and puff up the filling.
- Our duvets have a boxed construction, where the filling is held in each box allows an even distribution and prevents cold spots.
- Always shake your natural duvet from the side, and not the bottom, to prevent the filling from moving between boxes.
A good quality natural duvet is an investment
Be sure to do what you can to extend the life of your duvet
Which Tog is Best for You?
Feather and Down Duvets
Summer Duvet – (4.5 tog – 6 tog)
- You will be most comfortable with a lighter duvet in the summer.
- We recommend a 4.5 tog or 6 tog, depending on how hot you get at night and how warm your bedroom is.
- Duvet fill is an important factor in warm weather.
- Natural fill duvets work really well as they will help you regulate your body temperature and wick away moisture for a fresher night’s sleep.
Spring Duvet – (10.5 tog)
- If the weather is neither hot nor cold, go for a 10.5 mid-tog duvet.
- Although, if you get hot in bed you may find a 4.5 tog – 6 tog duvet more comfortable.
Autumn Duvet – (10.5 tog)
- If the weather is neither hot nor cold, go for a 10.5 tog duvet. Because it can be difficult to judge the weather at this time of year, a duvet that helps with temperature regulation can be a dream come true.
- We would recommend a 10.5 tog duvet, although if you get hot in bed you may find a 4.5 tog or 6 tog more comfortable.
Winter Duvet – (13.5 tog)
- Choose a higher tog for winter months.
- Depending on how much you feel the cold and how chilly your home is, we would recommend a 13.5 tog duvet.
This is because wool fibres are self-regulating when it comes to insulation.
- Summer Lightweight (300gsm*) tog equivalent 4-7 tog
- Spring/Autumn Medium weight (600gsm*) tog equivalent 8-14 tog
- Winter Lightweight and Medium weight (900gsm*) fastened together
(gsm* – grams of wool per square metre)