Wool Mattress Topper
Choose your product options below:
- If you and your partner cannot agree on the perfect sleeping temperature, then our year-round Wool Mattress Topper is the perfect choice for you whatever the weather. It will keep you warm during cold winter nights and cool in the summer. Wool is nature’s ‘minor miracle’ and is possibly one of the most unique natural materials which we use in this luxuriously comfortable natural Wool Mattress Topper
- It has been scientifically proven that wool delivers 25% more stage 4 regenerative sleep, compared to non-natural synthetic fillings. This is the stage, during your deepest sleep when your body does most of its ‘repair work’. Let our Wool Mattress Topper give you a superior and healthier quality of sleep whilst it conducts its repairs on your body
- A Wool Mattress Topper will give you an additional comfort layer providing you with softness and support and will help relieve pressure points. Back pain sufferers would benefit from pressure relief in the hip and shoulder areas whilst still allowing sufficient support for the body
- Our Wool Mattress Topper is naturally hypoallergenic and will provide a hygienic environment that dust mites hate. This makes our Wool Mattress Topper the ideal choice for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, deterring triggers and helping to relieve the symptoms of allergies or asthma. Wool is also naturally fire retardant
- Our Wool Mattress Topper will increase the longevity of your bed mattress. A good quality natural mattress topper has a lifespan of between 5-7 years depending on the level of care. Synthetic mattress toppers do not last as long as they quickly lose support and can remain indented. Our Wool Mattress Topper is ‘natures ‘minor miracle’ and will make your good bed feel fantastic!
Our soft and luxurious Wool Mattress Topper is the ideal choice if you are looking for the perfect answer to achieving the optimum sleeping temperature whatever the weather or sleep environment. Made from 100% Platinum Certified Pure British Wool, our pure Wool Mattress Topper is a sustainable and renewable product. The pure wool comes from pure bred sheep who are reared purely for their wool. The sheep return to enjoy the green pastures of England after shearing. Each of our Wool Mattress Toppers is handcrafted in England and individually made to high quality and exacting standards.
Our Wool Mattress Topper is durable and resilient. Wool is naturally breathable. It will assist regulate your body temperature, helping to keep you warm during cold winter nights and cool in the summer. It will protect your bed mattress from body perspiration, bacteria and indentations/settlement issues which is essential for a more hygienic, fresh and healthy sleep environment
The wool we use in our Wool Mattress Toppers is cleaned and needled in England. We do not use of bleach or chemicals. Wool is a natural material and has the ability to wick moisture and humidity away from you into the atmosphere. It will help to create a clean environment where dust mites and bacteria cannot survive. Our Wool Mattress Topper will provide a hygienic environment that dust mites hate which is an ideal choice for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, deterring triggers and helping to relieve the symptoms of allergies or asthma, so you to get a more restful night’s sleep.
This additional cushioning layer will add softness and comfort to your bed and can help to relieve body pressure points. Our Wool Mattress Topper can help those suffering with back pain by providing pressure-relieving cushioning in the hip and shoulder areas whilst still allowing enough support to ensure the body does not sag.
Our Wool Mattress Topper is naturally hypoallergenic and will provide a hygienic environment that dust mites hate. This makes our Wool Mattress Topper the ideal choice for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, deterring triggers and helping to relieve the symptoms of allergies or asthma.
This Wool Mattress Topper will protect your bed mattress from body perspiration, bacteria and indentations/settlement issues which is essential for a more hygienic, fresh and healthy sleep environment. This is not the case with non-natural synthetic fillings. The anchor straps attached to the Wool Mattress Topper will ensure it stays securely fastened to the bed.
It has been scientifically proven that sleeping with a wool delivers 25% more stage 4 regenerative sleep, compared to non-natural synthetic fillings. This is the stage, during your deepest sleep when your body does most of its ‘repair work’. Our Wool Mattress Topper will help in giving you a better quality of sleep which will enable you to wake more refreshed and able to face your day feeling well rested
Bed Mattresses, especially old and worn ones can harbour and be a breeding ground for lots of germs. Additionally, the bacteria from perspiration can settle into your bed mattress which is very unhealthy. A natural Wool Mattress Topper can help to protect your bed mattress and reduce allergy and asthma symptoms often caused by breathing in mould and other harmful micro-organisms in your bed.
A good quality natural mattress topper like this Wool Mattress Topper has a lifespan of between 5-7 years depending on the level of care. Synthetic mattress toppers do not last as long, they quickly lose support and can remain indented.
The Sleep Council recommend you replace your bed mattress every 7-8 years. If for any reason this is not possible then the addition of a Wool Mattress Topper would be the perfect solution to extend the life of your bed mattress. Our Wool Mattress Topper will increase the longevity of your bed mattress.
Wool Mattress Topper: Composition and Casing
Our Wool Mattress Topper is filled with:
- 100% Pure Wool (100% Platinum Certified British Wool)
- 100% Luxury soft cotton casing
- 300 thread count
- Anchor straps to fasten securely to the bed
Wool Mattress Topper: Wool Quality Standard
Our Wool Mattress Topper is:
- 100% Platinum Certified British Wool (sustainable and renewable)
- Platinum certification guaranteed by The British Wool Marketing Board
- Cleaned and needled in England without the use of bleach or chemicals
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic
- Can help to relieve symptoms of allergies and asthma
- Suitable for persons suffering from house dust allergy
- Wool is naturally fire retardant
- Quality assured and lovingly made in England
Wool Mattress Topper: Caring for your Wool Mattress Topper
- Our Wool Mattress Topper is machine washable at 30°C (wool cycle) in a large capacity machine
- We would recommend you use non-biological wool care detergent
- Spin out any excess water and air dry
- Do not tumble dry
- We recommend professional laundering
Our naturally breathable Wool Mattress Topper will keep you at the optimum temperature all night. We spend one third of our lives sleeping. So it is important to get the best quality night’s sleep you can. Our bodies all require long periods of sleep in order to restore and rejuvenate, to grow muscle, repair tissue and synthesize hormones.
A good night’s sleep is essential for a healthy existence, protecting you physically and mentally as well as boosting your quality of life. We all need good quality sleep to help our brains function properly so that we can face the challenges of the day ahead.
Our Wool Mattress Topper will help you achieve a better quality of sleep. You will be more comfortable and your body will be supported. Your sleep environment will be a healthier one so that you will wake feeling totally refreshed each and every morning.
Experience the ultimate comfort feel of sleeping on a cloud on our natural Wool Mattress Topper and surround yourself with natural fibres which will make a good bed feel fantastic!
Why not complement your luxurious Wool Mattress Topper with a soft and luxurious Wool Duvet and Wool Pillow.
Caring for your Mattress Topper:
– Feather and Down & Wool Mattress Topper
- Prior to use – Upon removal from your packaging you should shake your Mattress Topper for a few minutes. We recommend you allow it to air for 24hrs before use.
- General Care
- We recommend you protect your Mattress Topper with a natural mattress protector. If you do have any accidental spills then it is far easier to wash the mattress protector.
- We recommend you give your mattress topper a good shake once a week.
- We recommend you rotate your mattress topper once a week. This will allow the filling to redistribute and help it to bounce back.
- Allow your bed to air daily.
- Always read the care label instructions prior to washing.
- All our Mattress Toppers are machine washable at 30°C in a large capacity machine. However, due to the size we would recommend professional laundering.
- Non-biological detergent is recommended.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Make sure that your Mattress Topper is 100% dry before using to avoid clumping or ruining the filling.
- Professional laundering is recommended.
- Always store your freshly cleaned Mattress Topper in a breathable storage bag. You should not store it in a plastic bag. After long periods of storage, you should shake your mattress topper to allow it to re-loft to its original condition.
- Airing your bed in the morning is a good habit to get into. Keep your bed fresh by pulling back the duvet each morning to let your bed air before you make it. This allows the fibres to breathe and allows moisture to evaporate. Use this as a chance to shake out your Mattress Topper to redistribute and puff up the filling.
– Hästens Mattress Topper
- Your Hästens Mattress Topper should not be washed, laundered or dry cleaned. It is made using the highest quality, 100% natural materials.
- Spot cleaning of stains (if required) can be done with a good textile cleaner or furniture foam.
- There is a small risk the cleaner could discolour the fabric or damage the natural minerals solution that makes the mattress topper fire retardant.
- Therefore we recommend you firstly test a small area on an unobtrusive section of the mattress topper.
- For ultimate protection we would highly recommend you protect your Hästens Mattress Topper with a Quilted Mattress Protector. https://www.thenaturalbeddingcompany.com/shop/mattress-toppers/mattress-protectors-coming-soon/
- Unpacking your Mattress Topper – Gently shake and stretch the mattress topper once you have unpacked it.
- This will help to return it to its proper shape following packaging and shipment.
- When you first open your mattress topper you may notice a slight scent from the natural materials.
- This is quite normal and will decrease over time.
- You can accelerate this process by airing your mattress topper for a while before putting it on your bed.
- You should air your mattress topper by simply removing the bed linen and allowing it to air.
- Turning and Rotating your Mattress Topper – For optimum use, turn and rotate your mattress topper every 6 – 12 weeks.
- This will ensure that a larger part of the sleeping surface is adjusting to your body and sleeping positions.
- Massaging your Mattress Topper – Periodic massages will help to retain the comfort of your mattress topper.
- You can do this by rolling the corners to the centre and then back again.
- Give it also a good shake from time to time.
A good quality Mattress Topper is an investment
Be sure to do what you can to extend the life of your Mattress Topper
(see table below)
FedEx or DHL
|Yes||3 – 5||Free of Charge||Monday – Friday|
|EUROPE||FedEx or DHL||Yes||5 – 10||From £10 – £30
(see table below)
|Monday – Friday|
|REST OF THE WORLD||FedEx or DHL||Yes||10-15||From £10 – £45
(see table below)
|Monday – Friday|
|Excluding Bank or Public Holidays|
Check Delivery by Product
|Rest of the World
|Duvets - Silk||Free||£30||£45|
|Hästens Mattress Covers||Free||£20||£25|
|Hästens Therapeutic Pillows||Free||£20||£25|
|Silk Dressing Gowns||Free||£20||£25|
|Hästens Down Boots||Free||£10||£10|
|Silk Eye Masks||Free||£10||£10|
|Silk Lavender Bags||Free||£10||£10|